As the summer comes to an end and children begin to start school again, it is important to adjust their sleep schedule for their school routine. To do so, children often need about 10-14 days to readjust and fall into a new sleep schedule. At 5 Little Monkeys, we want to ensure your child is getting the best night’s sleep in their childrens mattress. To readjust their sleep schedule, check out our sleep system for kids and read our tips below.
How to Change Children’s Sleep Schedule
Follow these easy steps to change your children’s sleep schedule for the better.
- Keep a consistent and strict bedtime routine.
- Encourage a relaxing bedtime setting.
- Explain that bedtime is a time to be quiet and still and have the lights lowered or off.
- Have a screen-free bedroom, no computers, televisions, tablets, or phones.
- Wake up at the same time every morning to reinforce the routine.
- Avoid foods, drinks, and medications with caffeine and sugar prior to bedtime.
- Ensure your children are not going to bed hungry, but they are not super full either.
- Avoid rigorous exercise and exciting activities prior to bedtime.
By following these tips, you should have no problem adjusting your child’s sleep schedule. If any sleep problems continue, look into a new mattress for kids to ensure a good night’s sleep.
Contact 5 Little Monkeys to Order the Best Mattress for Kids!
If you are looking for a great sleep system for kids and the perfect childrens mattress, contact 5 Little Monkeys. Our team will assist you and find a kids mattress that fits your child’s body and age. We hope to hear from you soon!