At 5 Little Monkeys, we've worked hard to craft a children's sleep system designed to give kids exactly what they're growing bodies need for healthy, restful sleep. The centerpiece of that system is our purpose-built kids mattress – but it's not just your child's mattress that affects their sleep quality. One of the most important elements of any child's sleep is their pillow, as the pillow provides support to the head and defines the position of the neck during the night. Wondering how to choose the right pillow for your child? We're here to help.
Qualities of a Good Pillow for Kids
A good children's pillow can support your child as they grow and develop, but a bad one can cause poor skeletal alignment and negatively impact their sleep. If you're on the market for a new kids pillow, here are 4 of the most important things to look out for:
- Structural Support: Perhaps the most important aspect of a kids pillow is the support it provides. Your child's pillow should provide the right amount of support for proper spinal alignment, which means it should be specifically designed for children's bodies.
- Hypoallergenic: Kids are often more sensitive to allergens than adults, so the wrong pillow may cause subtle but uncomfortable reactions. Look for a hypoallergenic pillow to stay on the safe side.
- No Hassle: Some kids pillows use unique sizing, but do you really want to deal with buying separate pillow cases? We always recommend a children's pillow that fits standard pillowcase sizes.
- Machine Washable: In a kids bed, accidents happen. Choose a machine washable pillow so cleanup is always a breeze.
- Non-Toxic: A child's bed is no place for toxins or harmful chemicals. Look for a non-toxic, organic pillow that's free from harsh chemicals.
Try the 5 Little Monkeys Sleep System for Kids
Choosing the right pillow will pay off in healthier, more restful sleep for your child, night after night – and at 5 Little Monkeys, we've custom-designed a pillow that's perfectly suited for the job. Take our 100-Night Rest Test and you'll get to try our children's mattress and pillow for 100 nights. If you and your child don't love them by the end, you get your money back, no questions asked. See the difference that better sleep can make: try our sleep system today!