A high-quality children's mattress that's designed to support the needs of a growing body is vital for healthy, restful sleep. But as any parent knows, a child's bed is extra vulnerable to spills, stains, and mishaps. So what's the best way to go about cleaning a child's mattress? At 5 Little Monkeys, we've created a world-class kid's mattress that's naturally non-toxic and stain resistant – so we have a few tips to offer for cleaning your child's mattress.
How to Clean a Kid's Bed
Wondering how on Earth you're going to get your child's mattress truly clean? It's not as hard as it sounds. Here's how to clean a kid's mattress in a few easy steps:
- Wash the Sheets: First, strip your child's sheets, pillowcases, and mattress cover and throw them in the washing machine.
- Vacuum: Next, you'll want to use an upholstery attachment on your vacuum to thoroughly vacuum the surface of the mattress. Make sure to go over every square inch, including the sides, and use the edge attachment to get into the seams and crevices.
- Spot Clean: If there are stains – and there almost always are – you'll want to spot clean them with a gentle stain remover. We'd recommend an enzyme cleaner, as this is usually gentle enough for a mattress.
- Baking Soda: After spot cleaning, sprinkle baking soda over the entire mattress and let it sit for as long as you can, ideally overnight. The baking soda will soak up any remaining liquid and break down persistent compounds on the mattress.
- Vacuum Again: Finally, go over the mattress one more time with your vacuum to get the baking soda and any remaining dirt.
Order Our Children's Mattress Online
That's it! It's that simple – and cleaning a child's mattress is even easier when it's designed to be naturally stain-resistant. At 5 Little Monkeys, our children's mattress is created to be stain-resistant, non-toxic, and oh-so-easy to clean, and if you'd like to try it for yourself, we'd love to help. Order our kid's mattress online and try it risk-free for the first 100 nights. We can't wait to help you experience the difference that healthy, restful sleep can make in your child's life!