At 5 Little Monkeys, our mission is to foster happier, healthier families by helping kids everywhere get better sleep. Unfortunately, though, many kids face health risks where one would least expect them: children's bedding. While many kids bedding products market themselves as natural and safe, it's common for sheets and other bedding products to contain heavy metals, harsh chemicals, and toxins, turning what should be a safe space into a damaging environment. At 5 Little Monkeys, we're proud to make a world-class children's mattress and kids bedding that prominently feature organic materials – and if you're looking for a bed for your child, here are 5 reasons you should always seek out organic kids bedding.
Why Choose Organic Kids Bedding
The last place you want harsh chemicals is in your child's bedding, but unfortunately, many manufacturers are unscrupulous in the chemicals they put into their products. Here are 5 good reasons to choose organic kids bedding for your child:
- Avoid Formaldehyde Exposure: This may sound shocking, but many wrinkle-resistant sheets get that by through treatment with chemicals that can release formaldehyde, an incredibly harmful preservative. Organic bedding won't contain these harsh, damaging chemical treatments.
- No Heavy Metals: Many of the dyes in used in bedding contain heavy metals like cadmium, which can cause developmental problems. Organic bedding isn't made with these dyes, preventing heavy metal exposure.
- Easier on Skin: Organic cotton is a softer, gentler option that's easier on skin, making it ideal for children's sensitive skin.
- Better for the Environment: Organic cotton is more environmentally-friendly to produce, using less water and fewer pesticides in the growing process for a smaller environmental impact.
- Longer Lasting: Organic cotton is generally stronger than more conventional bedding materials, meaning your investment will last longer and provide more years of healthy, happy sleep for your child.
Try Our World-Class Kids Mattress Today
For the environment, for health, and for the quality of your child's sleep, organic bedding is a better choice – and at 5 Little Monkeys, we're proud to use organic materials to make many of the components of our children's bed. While not every piece of our children's sleep system is 100% organic, we're proud to use organic materials where it counts, including 100% organic cotton in our mattress protector and custom size kids pillow as well as organic materials in our mattress cover. Using organic materials is just one aspect of how our sleep system is designed from the ground up to give kids' growing bodies what they need for healthy, restful sleep. Want to experience the difference for yourself? Take our 100 night rest test and try the sleep system risk-free today.