There are mixed opinions about children and pets sharing a bed. At 5 Little Monkeys, we believe the amount of sleep a child is getting and their childrens mattress is the most important for sleep. If they happen to sleep well with their furry friend in a sleep system for kids, it might be fine to let them continue. But just to be sure, here are a few different things to think about prior to letting your little one snuggle the night away with their favorite dog or cat.
Pets & Children: Things to Know When Sharing a Bed
Many people have differing opinions on children and pets sleeping together.. Here are a few points to think about in your home and your sleep system for kids:
- Physician & Veterinary Groups Discourage It: Most physicians state human health-based warnings and an easy spread of disease.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Do Not Warn Against It: The CDC offers no explicit warning against sleeping with pets. There may be more heightened risk for individuals who are immunocompromised.
- Family Members Pose A Higher Risk: In fact, bed-sharing between two humans actually poses a higher risk of disease transmission than a human and an animal.
- Teaches Bad Behavior for Pets: Veterinarians do state that bed sharing can promote bad behavior, especially in puppies and kittens.
- Psychological and Emotional Safety: Pets sleeping with a family member can give the human psychological and emotional safety. Studies on insomniacs have suggested that sleeping with a pet actually helps relieve their symptoms and encourages a better night's sleep.
Contact 5 Little Monkeys to Order Your Sleep System for Kids!
Ultimately, the decision to allow your child to sleep with their pet is your decision to make. There is not definitive evidence suggesting it is bad nor good. The most important thing to consider for your child is their quality of sleep. 5 Little Monkeys guarantees a great night's sleep with our children’s mattress. Contact our team to order the best kids mattress around! We look forward to hearing from you soon.